Beyond 20/20 for Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT
How to Install Beyond 20/20
1. Download the 32-bit Version 7.0 of Beyond 20/20 to a temporary directory, such as c:\temp.
2. Open Windows Explorer and nagivate to c:\temp. Locate the file b2020_70_install.exe and double-click on the icon.
3. Follow the steps in the installation module until it reports the successful completion of this step. After selecting an official language, select "Express Setup". Scroll through the license and click "Yes". Accept the default settings by clicking "OK".
4. If the installation is successful, a final text box will report that the installation is done.
How to Assign a Helper Application for Netscape
To use Beyond 20/20 to view census tables retrieved from the web, a Helper Application needs to be assigned in your web browser. Once your browser has been instructed how to treat Beyond 20/20 tables, it will automatically open Beyond 20/20 whenever a table is chosen. The Helper Application only needs to be assigned one time. Follow instructions below:
1. From your web browser, go to the Nation Series.
2. Select a Subject Category (e.g., Education) and then a table (e.g. 93F0028XDB96001).
3. Because Netscape will not recognize the file extension for Beyond 20/20, a dialogue box will open asking for further information. Select the option "Pick Application". Use the Browse feature to locate the directory where the Beyond 20/20 program has been installed (by default this is C:\REC96CEN\B2020\) and click Open and then OK. The name of the program file is Beyondr.exe.